Jan 8, 2012

My Attempts at Being an Author

For those of you that haven't read my first post (meaning no one), I like to call myself an author. I am not published, and I haven't written anything, I just like the sound of it. I like to picture my name on the spine of a book, or at least my name on an e-book. So I have decided to stop calling myself an author until I actually have something tangible for people to read.

With that being said I feel like I must clarify, I do have 6 books in the works. What do I mean by "in the works" you ask? I mean that I have 6 different ideas for books, all at different stages of production. I would further break it down like this; 1 book is at the very beginnings of inception, 4 books have a general direction and story line, 1 book is at the final stage before actually writing the book.

The first book I mentioned is just a line on a word document with a simple idea. I will expand on the one line when I can, for now it will sit there as a line.

The next four I mentioned are a little further along than the first. They have the general story line, I know where I want to go with them, I have a main character in mind, and I might even have a few supporting characters worked out. These 4 books could be out of the development stages pretty quickly if I needed them to be.

The final book I am working on is out of the development stage, or it would be if a certain someone would actually sit down and write it. (the plan for today, if you haven't already gathered that much) This book has a beginning and an ending, this book has its characters and its props, and this book has three major plot devices I need to keep you reading. I could take what I have right now and write its outline and then the book itself....

So today I shall write. I don't know where today's adventure will take me but I guess we will see what happens together.


P.S. - I can't tell you what this book is about yet, but I will give you a few hints. There is time travel, there is a Japanese katana, and there is a drunken night (or two).

No comments:

Post a Comment